1. You walk on step to all music you hear.
2. You spin pencils/pens/mops/brooms/pool cues, etc.
3. You have a drawer full of flag t-shirts.
4. You're constantly involved in fund raisers (want to buy some fruit?)
5. The term attitude has lost all meaning.
6. When you hear a song you've done a routine to you get ecstatic.
7. When you hear a song by a group you used, you get ecstatic.
8. Separate checks in a restaurant are the best thing to ever happen to you.
9. Your instructor knows you better than your parents.
10. You’re lucky if your instructor gets your name right.
11. You have a flag callus on your right palm under your small finger.
12. You have more inside jokes than any of your other friends.
13. You can smiles genuinely on command.
14. Your priorities are slightly askew.
15. You have an excuse for everything.
16. You can catch anything thrown at you.
17. Every song becomes a possible flag routine.
18. You know the perfect spot for a toss in your favorite songs.
19. Finals are a positive thing.
20. Your calluses are less stressful than practice.
21. You know that "one more time" never means one more time.
22. You can do your hair and make-up anywhere.
23. You can change into your uniform anywhere.
24. Someone who can throw a piece of wood 40ft in the air and catch it becomes your hero.
25. You find yourself designing flags/uniforms/drill in your classes.
26. You've missed more weekends than there are in a year.
27. You use two hands to tell your left from your right.
28. You constantly watch t.v. dance shows for a good new move.
29. Watching a 1/2 show has become more then a leisure activity.
30. Leaving your seat at 1/2 time would be considered a sin.
31. You know how many people can be crammed into a minivan.
32. Lycra-spandex has become a permanent part of your closet.
33. Getting a sip of water is considered an act of love and kindness from your instructor.
34. You find yourself critiquing every parade you see.
35. You will not consider anything over $5 dinner while at a competition.
36. The band room becomes your home away from home.
37. You become your own pharmacist.
38. Anyone who carries fem. products becomes your best friend.
39. You know how many teenage girls you can fit in a hotel room.
40. You know how to manage 9 girls and 1 bathroom.
41. You wish they offered time/money/stress management in school.
42. You wish they offered naptime in school.
43. The term battle of the sexes has been turned into battle of the bands/guards
44. You know what jell-o arms and legs feel like.
45. You've considered dating a band/percussion member or have dated one.
46. Asking your parents for money has reached the extreme.
47. Having your show finished the day before your first competition/performance is considered lucky.
48. You know nothing is ever definite.
49. There's no such thing as a "summer vacation".
50. The smell of sun screen makes you think of band camp.
51. Getting 2 new uniforms a year is a rarity.
52. You're the last people to hear about the pep rally and the first the perform at them.
53. Coming home before 6:00pm on a weekday almost never happens.
54. You've never worked so hard for a chunk of wood w/some metal on it (trophy).
55. No matter how good your guard is you still get the smallest coverage in the yearbook. (if any besides the marching band page)
56. Your guard has developed its own language.
57. You know that if you try something weird it might just end up in your show.
58. You learn to love your instructor when you see other guards’ shows and uniforms.
59. You went to every school football game but never paid for one.
60. You know what's significant about June 14th (if not look at your calendar).
61. You know whether you've passed your limit or not.
62. You know how to bend any rule.
63. You've never actually watched a football game.
64. You have electrical tape in your backpack.
65. You have hit yourself in the head with a flag/rifle/saber more times than you would like to think about or can think about!
66. You walk in step with your guard friends.
67. You can talk about practically anything at practice and competitions no matter who's around.
68. You march to the background music in the mall.
69. You jazz walk/run at home, school, mall, etc..
70. Every time you find a bruise/scrape on yourself, you automatically know you got it at a guard rehearsal.
71. You've used up all the white out covering up the marks on the ceiling/wall from the rifle you WEREN'T spinning in the house...and need more.
72. You cheer louder than the cheerleaders at football games.
73. When you are together so much (because of practice or just getting together) that you all get your period at the same time! (2003-04 season big band camp….)
74. When your instructor feels she has enough on the job training to look for a 2nd job as a hairstylist/makeup artist to supplement her income during the summer
75. When all your "outside the guard" friends roll their eyes and whisper not again, as you talk about how cool your show is, and how you manage to "nail" your tosses every time.
76. When you can drop spin and carry on a conversation, and jazz step all at the same time, with out even thinking about it.
77. When Color guard is practically all you talk about!
78. When you spend all your free time looking at band related websites.
79. When you look at the websites of other bands in your area just to get the inside info on their show.
80. Your friends notice bruises on you and you didn't even know that they were there!
81. When you don't own any socks that don't have holes in them.
82. When the only age that matters is 22.
83. When you have one giant brown grass spot in the backyard from practicing so much.
84. When stadium nachos and hot dogs are a delicacy.
85. When the words 'one more time' really means 15 more.
86. When the gym/football field is your second home.
87. When "spin in the toaster" makes sense
88. When you can see yourself trying to make your make-up darker
89. When Nike blush checks are a fashion statement
90. When you forget how to count above 16.
91. You make up routines in your head to songs on the radio
92. When you try and guess the height of the guard by the size of the pole
93. When you have a roll of duct tape next to your bed
94. When school nachos actually taste good
95. When you look for flags in commercials that show bands
96. When you own a copy of every show you've ever done (I’m gunna)
97. When band music actually begins to sound good
98. Life? What’s that?
99. When you always step off on the left foot
100. When you see the guard more than your family
101. When you name your equipment
102. When the only song you have stuck in your head is your marching show from 2 yrs ago
103. When you glide step in the mall
104. You only go to football games to see the halftime shows
105. You find yourself switching feet to get back on-step while walking through the mall
106. When you name all your bruises.
107. When getting dressed up to go to school means wearing what you'll have to wear to practice that night.
108. When your classmates roll their eyes at you for talking about the band, yet again.
109. When everyone knows that you are in guard by the t-shirts you wear.
110. When you show up for everything at least 15 minutes early (even parties).
111. You have had the words "Left! Right! Left! Right!" repeatedly screamed at you and you are not in the army
112. You toss your flag even when they're 50 M.P.H. winds
113. You have hit yourself in the head so many times, not only can you not count, it doesn't even hurt any more
114. When you go to see other school's football games just to see their color guard, and who you're up against.
115. When you in your loud English class your teacher yells, "Attention" and you look forward and sit up straight and don't make eye contact with anyone.
116. Your non-guard friends know that you're almost never available to go out
117. You jump up and down when you hear a song that a guard once did
118. Guard tape is the best thing that has happened since sliced bread
119. Guard tape fixes everything
120. When the "can I have 5 extra mins" turns into a midnight practice
121. When getting new members is the most exciting thing that happened to you (or Mrs. Parker)
122. When you have seen the same WGI or DCI tape a thousand times and still enjoy it
123. When you pick out thing in the same tapes
124. You listen to the judges tapes more then the radio
125. When stretches are your favorite part of the day
126. When you have a song for everything that has happened
127. You know how to sleep with your music on 10 and the bus going 60mph
128. You take over guys bathrooms b/c the girls is too full
129. Changing in hallways don't phase you anymore
130. You have see more skin from the same sex then the opposite
131. You can talk about "your body" with easy
132. When it all seem to be a soap opera with ups and downs
133. You see the same people all day everyday
134. The closest group you have ever been in
135. When you spend more time with the guard then your own family
136. When you have practice 5 days a week and enjoy every second
137. You know all of your friends by their last names or a name that is completely awkward to others and they wouldn't be caught dead calling anyone that...
138. You have become so accustomed to waking up at 5 am that you do it when you don't have to. (Saturdays, Sundays, days w/ no school or marching practice.)
139. You can march your show in your sleep
140. If you catch yourself doing air flag while walking down the hallway or while you are sleeping!
141. When you are doing a horizontal toss and you know that it won't make it too far and it smacks you in the face.
142. When you have prayed all season for a break before the next season, be it color guard or winter guard, then you spend the whole thing crying, cause your muscles aren't used to resting for that long.
143. When you like wearing your uniform.
144. When being mauled by a drum is a normal part of life.
145. When you can show up to practice in your pajamas and dripping wet and no one notices.
146. When jazz running no longer reminds you of ballet.
147. When "armed guard" means a girl with a pole instead of a guy with a gun.
148. When you see your section more than your family.
149. When you subconsciously start practicing with a pencil.
150. When numbers past 8 aren't important.
151. You have more bruises, scars, and injuries than a military solider
152. You find yourself watching your spring show routine from freshman year thinking was I ever that bad?
153. When you ask, "What is summer vacation?"
154. When you can do drop-spins at any tempo with ANYTHING (pencils, forks, brooms, air)
155. When you actually like to watch the Thanksgiving Day parade for the bands, not those stupid balloons
156. When you are rivals with all the cheerleaders
157. The only nail polish you wear in the winter is clear or none at all
158. When there is a possibility it will snow, and your competition will be cancelled, you pray that it won't snow
159. You go to the mall to try to find something new to make your rifle colorful
160. You've eaten out more then anyone you know.
161. You analyze every song you hear for Winter Guard Standards.
162. Your non-guard friends think you're crazy because you've always got songs that they've never heard of stuck in your head.
163. You've used the word "SOFTMORE!" more then a billion times.
164. Your guard instructor is more like your mother than your mother.
165. You critique migrating geese on how straight their diagonals are!
166. You hear "this isn't K-mart we don't like/want 'sails' more than once a week.
167. The phrase water break has a whole new meaning.
168. Your best friend becomes a six-foot pole and three-foot silk
169. Your phrase becomes this-we don't like sales
170. You listen to your guard tapes as you fall asleep
171. You get a shock from leaving the band room b/c the air is so CLEAN
172. When your instructor says rehearsal is at six, you are there by five thirty or you are LATE
173. When you have no problem at all telling one of the members of your guard that they smell and they are not offended
174. When you know the meaning of being cold.
175. When a stranger plays with, touches, or even LOOKS at your weapon, you jump on him like a lion on a mouse
176. Electrical tape is used for everything (i.e. labeling cabinets, putting up posters, fixing your flag bag, etc.)
177. If you go to the doctor and won't go to school because your sick but will still go to a guard event that you don't really have to go to.
178. When you start doing a show routine from last year.
179. When even your guard friends call you a GUARD NERD
180. When you can perform in complete darkness and still know exactly what your doing and when to catch your flag/rifle/saber
181. When you know exactly what your fellow guard members are looking for w/o them saying anything.
182. When nothing except what your instructor tells you matters.
183. When you can communicate with your flag.
184. You have your drill books from every fall season and could probably remember every step and move of the show.